Monday, July 21, 2014

Roomie Love

This month marks one year of living with Ms. Lauren. Or as I like to call her, Lorelai. I will admit I was a little nervous about moving in together at first, but overall this has been one of my happiest years. I would not have survived these past months without her. I love you, Lorelai!! Reasons why I love living with Lauren:

1. Staying at home and doing nothing and having a blast doing it. I love coming home and just having someone to talk to who has an interest in what's going on in my life. We have goofy evenings like Mary Kate & Ashley night, roommate cooking nights, Wii Game nights. We unsuccessfully tried to watch a weekly TV show together. And in the crazy crazy world of dating, it's really great to be able to come vent to her about what's going on.

  


2. Borrowing clothes, shoes, accessories. I do not do this all the time. For a long time I was hesitant to even go in her room if she wasn't there. But the other day she was out of town and I didn't have any shoes that went with my dress so I looked at her shoes and sure enough, she had something for me! And I got tons of compliments on them. :-D When she is here she likes to dress me up sometimes. And mess with my hair. It's like having a sister. (I still love you real sister)

3. Fun outings! What I have loved the most is all of our little fun outings to random festivals and awesome things in Oklahoma. Last year we went to Oktoberfest, a Cheese Festival, Christmas light scavenger hunt, Rocky Horror at the Boom, and many other shenanigans. Also, we just sing "Do you wanna go to Sonic?" or "Do you wanna go to Petty's" (to the tune of "Do you wanna build a snowman") if we want a drink or some ice cream so we never have to go alone! Last Saturday when neither of us really had plans she just asked if I wanted to get Katie's for breakfast since we both got up at like 7 (we're old). It's just really nice to live with your best friend. 


4. Built in Snow Buddy! The only thing I ever wanted as a child was someone to play with me on a snow day. Last Christmas Santa gave me my wish (he was obviously the real Santa) and granted me a snow day! And Lauren played with me in the snow! We found the old sled and sledded whilst being chased by the dogs, and drank hot chocolate after. She played board games with me and introduced me to the train game. It was fantastic. 


5. Emotional Support. This year I had my heart broken. Like into infinity pieces, no oxygen, don't want  to exist broken. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. She has the really inspirational book and she would come into my room every morning and read me that day's passage. They were all about loving yourself and being strong no matter what you have faced in your life. Some days I still need it and I just ask her to please read to me from the book and she asks no questions. She completely put up with my up and down moods and my often tear filled face because she understands. 


Here's to one year of fun-filled, uplifting times and general awesomesauce. 


2 comments:

  1. Stop it. You know I'm crying right now. I love you Pea Head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe. This was awesome. You guys are wonderful and amazing.

    ReplyDelete